With everybody trying to find an edge, it is useful to have a list of articles at your fingertips to keep you at the cutting edge of what is happening in digital media. At mindcorp, we swear by the digital resources supplied by Mashable. Enjoy reading and researching and you can check out all the lists-gone-by here any time.
- Our Choice: The Funniest April Fools’ Jokes
Here’s a roundup of the best April Fools’ Jokes played by major tech companies.
- Why the Cloud Is Actually the Safest Place for Your Data
The Internet can feel like a dangerous place, but the cloud is quickly becoming the safest place to store your precious data. Here’s a look at why desktop virtualization may be the most secure route.
- Top 5 Innovative Digital Marketing Agencies
Here’s a look at five interactive agencies behind some of 2010′s best digital marketing campaigns, which promoted a new TV show, a community giving project, gum innovation and more.
- Why Book Trailers Are Now Essential to the Publishing Industry
Sometimes, “watching” can be a good way to get people reading.
- Facebook Profile Migrations: A Cautionary Tale
Users who want to migrate from a traditional Facebook Profile to a Facebook Page might want to think twice before making the leap.
- HOW TO: Avoid and Prevent Facebook Spam
With more than 500 million users, Facebook has become a playground for spammers. Here are some tips to help get rid of bogus messages — and prevent spreading them.
- A New Era for Internet Domains: Why .XXX Is Just the Beginning
ICANN’s approval of the .xxx extension will open up a new era of top-level website domain possiblities. Here’s a look at what may be in store for users, businesses, and brands.
- 20 Essential Online Resources for Finding New Music
There are scads of music discovery services out there, just waiting to help you make a more adventurous decision.
- HOW TO: Add Facebook Questions To Your Brand Page
If you want to get the Questions feature for your Facebook Page today, you can add it by following the simple steps listed here.
- The Future of Online Classifieds: 5 Ways to Beat Craigslist
Craigslist is a web traffic powerhouse, but its simplicity is also its greatest limitation. Here’s a look at how web 2.0 businesses could do better.
- HOW TO: Stay Safe When Engaging in Political Activism on Facebook
Facebook can be a powerful tool for change, but it’s also a platform that oppressive authorities can leverage.
- Why Vevo Acquiring MySpace Could Be a Very Good Move
It’s buzzing through the grapevine at present that music video site Vevo is interested in taking MySpace off of News Corp’s hands.
- How Women Really Feel About Their Facebook Friends [SURVEY]
Most women — 83% of respondents in this survey — are annoyed at one time or another by the posts from their Facebook connections.
- 10 Vintage Visions of the Future [VIDEOS]
We’ve found 10 vintage videos that offer a glimpse of a future that, in many cases, never quite came to pass.
- April Fools’ Day By the Numbers [INFOGRAPHIC]
Social media users, that April Fool’s prank you’re about to pull puts you in good company, with a surprising percentage of your fellow social media mavens creating stunts today.
- Top 5 Comics From the Mashable Caption Contest
Mashable readers are hilarious! Check out the winning captions.
Tech & Mobile
- A Tale of Two Infographics: Before and After Firefox 4
The team at Pingdom put together their own Firefox infographic, this time showcasing the lead-up to Firefox 4
- The Futuristic Fashion of Diana Eng [PICS]
Diana Eng, the former “Project Runway” contestant whose futuristic, technology-infused fashions we profiled at CES in January, is now building out her own line of innovative, wearable accessories.
- 13 Quirky iPhone Accessories [PICS]
Whether it’s a stand with a witty design, a decal that evokes a retro tech, or a case that will put a smile on your face, we’ve got 13 seriously cool and quirky companion products for your iPhone.
- 7 Superb Short Films Shot With Cellphones
Think you need a fancy camera to shoot a great movie? Think again.
- Amazon Cloud Player: First Impressions
Here are some of our initial thoughts about Amazon Cloud Player and its companion Android app.
- 6 New Apps for Uncovering the Best Local Knowledge
The latest generation of startups is marrying Q&A services with location. As a result, here are six ways you can get recommendations from people nearby.
- HOW TO: Use Amazon Cloud Player With iOS Devices
Want to access Amazon’s new Cloud Player from your iOS device? We’ve found a serviceable, if still hackneyed, solution.
- HOW TO: Play Recorded Twitter Conversations In Sync With Your Favorite Shows
Startup service TweePlayer allows you to play back the saved Twitter conversation surrounding an event while watching what you missed live.
- Why Trends & Crowdsourcing Remain Logo Design’s Hot Button Issues
From brand new companies staking their identity to big players looking for a refresh, the complexities of logo design should not be underestimated. We spoke with industry pros about the process.
- HOW TO: Get Your Fans To Use Their Phone for Good During Concerts
Chicago-based band Umphrey’s McGee will soon be holding its second, hyper-interactive UMBowl.
- 10 Essential Mobile Apps for Baseball Fans
It’s the start of baseball season, and we’ve got a bevy of mobile apps for casual and superfans alike.
- HOW TO: Make an iPad Case Using Common Household Materials
Even if you’re “craft-challenged,” we guarantee anyone can create a one-of-a-kind iPad case in about 15 minutes. Here’s how.
Business & Marketing
- HOW TO: Land a Job at Amazon
Amazon is on a hiring spree to accommodate its growing line of products and services. Here are tips and resources to help you land a job there.
- HOW TO: Hire a Great Web Designer, With Y Combinator’s Garry Tan
A good web designer can be costly. Y Combinator’s Garry Tan has tips for finding the best talent for your company’s website.
- Top 5 YouTube Marketing Mistakes Committed by Small Businesses
A viral video can be all it takes for a small business to go big. We spoke to three video experts about common YouTube marketing mistakes.
- HOW TO: Get the Most Out of Google AdWords
Google AdWords can be a great and cost-effective way to promote your business — as long as you’re doing it smartly. Here’s a guide to help.
- Why Facebook’s New Questions Tool Is Good for Brands & Businesses
Facebook Questions presents a major opportunity for brands and businesses to conduct market research and crowdsource their fans in a far more elegant way than was previously possible, said Ben Grossman, communication strategist for the marketing agency Oxford Communications.
- How Businesses Can Survive a Product Recall Using Social Media
These five tips will help ensure that companies maximize the potential of social media to protect consumers and their brands in the midst of a product recall situation.
- 6 Common Email Marketing Mistakes Small Businesses Make
Before you jump into an email marketing campaign, figure out how you can make the most of it.
- HOW TO: Hire Top Talent in Emerging Industries
How can you find talented, experienced employees if your industry is only a few years old? Here are some ways to leverage the social web in your search for an all-star team.
- 5 Excellent Small Business Blogs To Learn From
Here are five small businesses that are using a blog to reach the local community and showcase the company’s expertise.
- HOW TO: Launch Any Product Using Social Media
The social web is an effective way to promote your wares, but you need a multi-faceted approach, and there are many cost factors to consider.
- Scaling Instagram: How the Photo Sharing Startup Avoided Catastrophe in Its First Days
Instagram is one of the most popular photo sharing apps out there. Here’s a look at how the startup has scaled and handled demand since its October launch.
- 8 Ways Companies Can Contribute to Open Source Communities
How can enterprises evaluate which communities to work with and how to get involved? Here are some suggestions.
- 7 Tips For Growing a Two-Sided Online Marketplace
In the early stages of your business, how can you cater to buyers and sellers at the same time without alienating either one?
- How the Pros Measure Social Media Marketing Success
Brands are pouring money into social media marketing programs, but there’s no standard way to assess success. Here, three experts weigh in on ROI.
- 18 Ways to Earn Money From Crowdworking
Join the crowd. You may not be able to get rich quick, but there’s money to be made from crowdworking if you can match your talents to the right platform.
- 6 Tips for Creating Valuable Branded Content
Content is still king, but you should be making it for users, not search engines. Here are a few pointers.
- 5 YouTube Marketing Tips for Better Engagement
Like Facebook and Twitter, discussions are happening on YouTube around video content. Here’s how your brand can tap in.
- HOW TO: Recruit All-Star Employees on a Startup Budget
Getting top talent should be a number one priority. Here are some tips to get an all-star team on a budget.
Image courtesy of Flickr, metaroll