We’ve assembled 33 of our favorite resources since January and separated them into three easily digestible lists: inspiration, design and development.
- HOW TO: Make Your QR Codes More Beautiful
Use some of these QR tricks and techniques to design a code that is both beautiful and effective.
- A 12-Step Guide to Fostering Your Creativity
Designing a website can be mentally draining, and sometimes it’s hard to stay creative. Here are 12 ways to keep the juices flowing and avoid burning out on less exciting projects.
- HOW TO: Score a Job at a Creative Agency
Are you an aspiring Don Draper? Here are tips from the experts at four top creative agencies to help you get your foot in the door — and get hired.
- 33 More Entertaining 404 Error Pages
Getting a 404 error page is usually the pits, unless it adds a little fun to the experience. These funny error pages were submitted by Mashable readers.
- How Threadless.com Gets Those Awesome Photos [VIDEO]
Threadless photos go far beyond typical ecommerce catalog shots. Here’s the skinny on the site’s photography.
- Web Design Evolution: Two Decades of Innovation [INFOGRAPHIC]
Here’s an infographic that takes you on a tour of web design, starting with its humble beginnings two decades ago, and bringing you up to the present day.
- Why Websites Are Slow & Why Speed Really Matters [INFOGRAPHIC]
What a difference a millisecond makes. When it comes to browsing the web, every tiny moment counts — and the fewer moments that pass between a mouse click and a fully loaded page, the better.
- Closed or Open Source: Which CMS is Right for Your Business?
Deciding between a closed- and open-source content management system depends on multiple factors: The type of business, the skill of your dev team, and security concerns.
- HOW TO: Turn Your Foursquare Data Into an Infographic
Here’s a neat way to visualize your Foursquare data.
- 5 Website Features You Can Easily Offload to Reduce Costs
There are pros and cons to hosting certain web features off-site. Here’s a breakdown of some of the most common options.
- How Open Data Initiatives Can Improve City Life
Building apps that make use of government data may not be feasible for many cities, but opening that data up to the developer community has proven fruitful for some.
- Top 10 Firefox Add-Ons for Web Designers
Here are 10 add-ons that will help web designers improve their productivity, lighten their code and test sites in various browsers.
- HOW TO: Add Social Sharing Buttons to Your Website
Here’s a quick guide to the best practices for adding social sharing buttons to your site or blog.
- 8 Powerful & Inexpensive Desktop Design Apps
If you’re working on a small budget or just looking to try something new, check out these eight design apps, all priced under $50.
- HOW TO: Design & Program a Facebook Landing Page for Your Business
Much has been written about setting up a custom Facebook landing page, but there’s a lot of nuance that goes into programming a successful one. Here’s an in-depth guide with code examples.
- Why Trends & Crowdsourcing Remain Logo Design’s Hot Button Issues
Our panel to discuss this topic includes UK logo designer Graham Smith, designer and logo-design blogger Jacob Cass and Raj Abhyanker, CEO of Trademarkia, a firm specializing in trademarks and logos.
- 5 Ways to Ensure Your Site Is Accessible to the Visually Impaired
Millions of Americans have some form of visual impairment, and with older users getting online, it’s important that your site is visually accessible to all. Here are some tips for font, color, contrast and design.
- HOW TO: Hire a Great Web Designer, With Y Combinator’s Garry Tan
A good web designer can be costly. Y Combinator’s Garry Tan has tips for finding the best talent for your company’s website.
- The Fundamentals & Best Practices of Logo Design
Our panel to discuss this topic includes UK logo designer Graham Smith, designer and logo design blogger Jacob Cass, and Raj Abhyanker, CEO of Trademarkia, a firm specializing in trademarks and logos.
- 10 Premium Tumblr Themes Worth Paying For
Sometimes you’ve got to pony up some cash to get at the online goodness. These 10 Tumblr themes are worth every penny.
- HOW TO: Get the Most From Crowdsourced Design Competitions
Crowdsourcing a logo can be a great deal, but you may not always get what you bargained for. These six steps can help you get the most bang for your buck.
- How App-Like Design Can Turn Your Site Visitors Into Customers
Apps are all about action, and they can teach us a lot when it comes to keeping visitors engaged with a website. Check out these app-centric usability tips for better design.
- 4 Free Ways to Learn to Code Online
Want to learn how to program applications? These online tools are absolutely free ways to do just that — conveniently and fast!
- How HTML5 Is Influencing Web App Development
Here’s a look at the impact HTML5 and related web standards are having on the way web apps are created and deployed.
- HOW TO: Get Devs to Use Your Company’s API
You’ve decided to release your API — now how do you get devs to use it? Here are some tips to help you reach critical mass.
- Should Your Company Offer an API?
We spoke to some web dev experts about the pros and cons of opening your business data to third-party developers.
- How Web Security Will Change With HTML5
As browsers implement more and more HTML5 functionality, security fixes for current issues will become baked into the web. Here’s an overview of HTML5′s potential.
- 8 Essential Web Typography Resources
Looking for a font education? Every typophile needs to check out these websites.
- How Companies Can Create a Brand Identity With Text Alone
Creating a text-only logo (a “logotype”) is challenging, but the payoff in brand recognition can be huge if it’s done right. We spoke to the pros about what makes a logotype sing.
We’ve seen some interesting online experiments that utilize the latest web tech. These proofs of concept portend exciting things for the future of web development.
- 8 Essential Developer Apps for Multiple Platforms
These tools have a variety of uses, but they all share one quality — they allow you to spend more time writing good code and less time dealing with project overhead.
- How HTML5 Is Aiding in Cross-Platform Development
Disparate platforms have created the need for a unified way to develop web and mobile apps. HTML5 might be the answer.
- How WordPress Themes Actually Work [INFOGRAPHIC]
Here’s a posts-to-plugins look at the anatomy of a typical WordPress theme.
For more Dev & Design coverage:
- Follow Mashable Dev & Design on Twitter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Subscribe to the Dev & Design channel
- Download our free apps for Android, Mac, iPhone and iPad
, 33 Essential Resources for Developers & Designers, http://feeds.mashable.com/~r/Mashable/~3/2H_RHWifgmY/, mindcorp-tech